Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Aubrey's birthday!

Well, yesterday was. Aubrey is my niece, 6 weeks older than Parker. We had her party here at our house.

See, I was going to use this occasion to make my first 'how-to' post. I was going to showcase the ice cream cone cupcake I made for her.

I got pictures of the pans I made, filling the cones, and fresh out of the oven cakes. And that's when things went wonky.

I promise you, I've melted chocolate before. Many, many times. Its really NOT hard to put a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir. But, for some reason, yesterday I wasted $9 of Ghirardelli white chocolate chips that WOULD. NOT. MELT. At least not thin enough to dip the bottoms of the cones in.

So, we had un-dipped cake cones. They were yummy, but not as pretty as I wanted them to be.

Anyway. Fun was had by all. Aubrey's mommy made some really really super great cake pops and mini-raspberry cheesecakes. Aubrey got lots of presents (her favorites were clothes, of course) and all the kids stayed up too late and had sugar hangovers.

Maybe next time, cake cones. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there-there have been times that, for whatever reason, the chocolate will just not melt the right way for dipping! And you keep fighting it until it gets too hot and practically cooks and then it just keeps going downhill from there...
    I'm sure they were still darling!

    ReplyDelete